We’re Hiring at HLA!
Posted on Jan 15, 2018 in Featured, Interests, News
Our office is seeking a 2018 summer intern & entry to mid-level landscape designer!
Hess Landscape Architects is a growing landscape architecture firm located near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We specialize in designing high end residential properties throughout the Mid-Atlantic, and have continued to expand into neighboring regions as well as internationally; the firm has also completed institutional and environmental restoration commissions of a variety of scales.
At HLA, the design process is collaborative and open. Employees enjoy a fast-paced studio environment with opportunities to grow and develop their personal style and interests. We are a small firm – each employee participates in all aspects of the design process, making for well-rounded designers at every level of the organization.
- • Completion of three years (minimum) in a collegiate Landscape Architecture program
- • Proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketch-Up, and the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
Entry to Mid-Level Landscape Designer Requirements:
- • Graduate of an accredited Landscape Architecture program – Desired experience level ranges from recent graduates to a maximum of three years prior experience
- • Previous internships or employment in a landscape architectural office setting, familiarity with high-end residential design, and an understanding of construction materials and methods
- • Proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketch-Up, Vectorworks, and the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- • Interest and comprehensive knowledge in planting materials and practices
- • Confidence in conceptual design, detailing, coordination with other design professionals, navigating the approval process, and the administration and implementation of projects.
No phone calls please.